Kaymac Marine & Civil Engineering Ltd. was commissioned by JBA Consulting for the Phase 1 – Temporary Bank Protection works to a river wall within the River Great Ouse to the rear of River Terrace in St. Neots. Our Filter Unit Rockbags team were delighted to be the chosen supplier for this job.
The works to River Terrace River Wall, St. Neots comprised the following:-
• Mobilise to site and set up waterborne plant.
• Load spider crane onto waterborne plant.
• Remove surface waste such as railings and paving slabs to the site compound for disposal off site.
• Remove any overhanging railings / slabs likely cause further collapse.
• Load rock filled bags onto pontoon and transfer to working area.
• Place 3 x layers of Filter Unit Rockbags using waterborne plant covering from properties 4 -10, ending approximately 1m into the boundary of property 12 to provide additional protection to property 10.
• Upon completion of works, remove plant from watercourse.
• Reinstate working areas and demobilise from site.
A Spider Crane was used due to the low bridge located between the slipway at our compound and the works location. At the end of week 1 we de-mobilised the spider crane as it was on its limit and struggled with reach to place the final Rockbag.
To complete the works Kaymac Marine & Civil Engineering Ltd mobilized a 14T rubber tracked excavator to site. They found a location upstream of the repair works where we could mobilize the excavator onto our barge and agreed with Huntingdonshire District Council that they could use this area before proceeding. The 14T excavator was mobilized onto the barge and completed the remaining works within 2 days.
If you would like to contact a member of our Filter Unit Rockbag team, please call Belfast +44 (0) 2890 454599, Ashbourne +353 (01) 8027173 or alternatively click here to send an enquiry using our contact form.